Author(s): Rough Guides
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' guidebook available now with a free eBook
Discover Ecuador and the Gal pagos Islands with this comprehensive, entertaining, 'tell it like it is' Rough Guide, packed with comprehensive practical information and our experts' honest and independent recommendations.
Whether you plan to take in the colonial architecture of Cuenca or stroll along Guayaquil's Malec n 2000, relax in the spa town of Ba os or climb a volcano, The Rough Guide to Ecuador and the Gal pagos Islands will help you discover the best places to explore, sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Features of The Rough Guide to Ecuador and the Gal pagos Islands
- Detailed regional coverage: provides in-depth practical information for each step of all kinds of trip, from intrepid off-the-beaten-track adventures, to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas. Regions covered include: Quito, the northern sierra, the central sierra, the southern sierra, the Oriente, the northern lowlands and coast, Guayaquil and the southern coast and the Gal pagos Islands.
- Honest independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, and recommendations you can truly trust, our writers will help you get the most from your trip to Ecuador and the Gal pagos Islands.
- Meticulous mapping: always full-colour, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Quito, Guayaquil, Cuenca and many more locations without needing to get online.
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features a richness of inspirational colour photography, including the vibrant colours of Otavalo market, stunning wildlife and captivating Andean mountains.
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Quito, Guayaquil, and the northern and southern sierras' best sights and top experiences.
- Itineraries: carefully planned routes will help you organise your trip, and inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences.
- Basics section: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting there, getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more.
- Background information: comprehensive Contexts chapter provides fascinating insights into Ecuador and the Gal pagos Islands, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary.
- Innovative and unique extras: a free eBook
- Covers: Quito, the northern sierra, the central sierra, the southern sierra, the Oriente, the northern lowlands and coast, Guayaquil and the southern coast and the Gal pagos Islands
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.