Author(s): Alastair Sawday
From the wonderfully rustic to the wildly luxurious, from The Highlands to St Ives, we've taken the hard work out of finding Britain's loveliest hotels. Each hotel combines character with comfort and a great welcome. A weekend break in a historic city, a night away on business, a family holiday by the sea - there's something for everyone here.
We are committed to the small hotels of Britain, run by enterprising people. We look for what we like; we celebrate the beautiful and the unusual. The winning combination of fresh honest write-ups, colourful photographs, clear symbols, excellent maps, clear directions and quick reference indices is what makes our guides so popular.
Let our new collection inspire and intrigue you, from chic indulgence to blissful quiet. Over 300 handpicked places, many new for this edition, including our Sawday Award winners.
* This 19th edition includes many brand new places including our handpicked Award winners
* There's something for everyone here with prices ranging from GBP65 to GBP400 per night
* Every place is inspected and selected by our roving team - we're trusted for our honest and lively reviews
* Packed with over 600 full-colour photographs so you can see where you want to stay
Use this trusted guide to the most special places and you're guaranteed a wonderful night away.
Sawday's guides - championing excellence and character for over 20 years.
Alastair has built a team of talented editors who are as committed as he is to the search for authenticity and personality in places to stay. They are also 'driving' the world's first carbon 'neutral' publishing company; the search for a reduced ecological footprint is a serious one. The company has won The Queen's Award for Enterprise in the Sustainable Development category, an award from Business Commitment to the Environment and a Green Apple Award.
1) A word from Alastair Sawday 2) How we choose our Special Places 3) Using this book 4 ) Practical matters 5) Hotel Awards 2016/17 6) Maps 7) England 8) Channel Islands 9) Scotland 10) Wales 11) Quick reference index - Wheelchair-accessible, Children welcome, Pets welcome, Swimming Pool, Bikes to hire, Tennis court 12) Index by property name 13) Index by town